Baby Care Diaper Blog
Title: Earth Day
Location: Forest Park Muny Grounds
Link out: Click here
Description: Find your inner superhero at this year’s Earth Day celebration on Sunday, April 22nd from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. on the Muny Grounds of Forest Park. Enjoy two stages of live music, cultural performances, local food and hands-on activities for the whole family at the 23rd Annual St. Louis Earth Day Festival. Over 200 artists, educational exhibitors, food vendors, businesses and organizations will share how ordinary people can do extraordinary things.
Start Time: 11:00 am
End Time: 18:00
Title: Great Cloth Diaper Change
Location: 1200 Town and Country Crossing Dr. Town and Country, MO 63017
Link out: Click here
Description: Come on out and see us at West County Cotton Babies as we try to beat the Guinness Book World Record for most cloth diaper changes at one time.
Start Time: 10:00 am
End Time: 12:30 pm
In honor of our 1 millionth diaper washed, we decided to giveaway a bag of Rockin’ Green Soft Rock in Bare Naked Babies. We randomly picked a winner and that person is:
Sarah Porter Sharp
Congrats Sarah. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize. Thank you to all that entered and thank you for everyone that made the 1 Millionth diaper a reality last week. We have plans for more giveaways so stay tuned and happy cloth diapering.
Also, if you are in the St. Louis area and wash your own diapers, treat yourself to our deep cleaning service. We pick up your current stash, leave you with prefolds, and return your diapers after a deep professional cleaning just 4 days later. Click on the picture to the right for more info.
Baby Care Diaper Service Washes One Millionth Diaper
St. Louis diaper service saves over one million diapers from landfills
Saint Louis, MO – March 6, 2011 – Baby Care Diaper Service, a St. Louis-based diaper delivery service, has washed its one millionth diaper since coming under new ownership in 2006. Disposable diapers are the third highest contributor to landfills and every diaper washed, dried and delivered by Baby Care keeps a disposable diaper from harming our environment.
Owners Kathy and Mark Huntebrinker are dedicated to educating the community about the benefits and cost-savings of cloth diapering.
“It is exciting to know that we have helped keep over one million disposable diapers out of landfills,” says Kathy Huntebrinker. “According to the Real Diaper Association, it is estimated that over 28 billion disposable diapers enter our landfills every year. We are thrilled that so many St. Louisans have embraced cloth diapering and are happy to be part of a movement to keep our planet healthy for our children and future generations. Even the smallest everyday choices can make a huge impact.”
The Huntebrinkers’ dedication to the environment factors into every choice they make to manage the business. Not only is cloth diapering more environmentally friendly, the entire Baby Care process is managed with environmental consideration. Baby Care is part of Ameren’s Pure Power program that allows businesses to buy energy credits to offset their usage. The company conserves water by using a high-efficiency hot water heater and washers with “rinse save” technology, sorts diapers based on soil levels to conserve water and energy, and conserves energy by using the most efficient delivery routes. Baby Care operates within the standards of the Real Diaper Association and uses a trusted detergent company that is phosphate, dye and perfume free.
“With over 90 percent of disposable diapers ending up in landfills, even part-time use of cloth diapers makes an astounding impact on landfill waste. Baby Care is committed to educating parents about the benefits of cloth diapers and how easy they are to use so they at least consider cloth diapering. We work with local like-minded businesses on community-wide education initiatives and we offer workshops and in-home demos. So many people think of the pins and the mess associated with old cloth diapering systems which is no longer the case,” says Huntebrinker.
Baby Care makes cloth diapering easy with convenient pick up of dirty diapers and drop off of clean diapers once a week. The Huntebrinkers are working hard to keep cloth diapering affordable for families with their Wraps for Life program which gives parents the option to “rent” diaper covers at each age and stage to keep their investment costs low and make cloth diapering work for them.
“For many of our customers, cost is one of the least important factors when comparing cloth to disposables,” says Huntebrinker. “But, surprisingly, using a cloth diaper service can end up costing less in the long run. The weekly price is comparable to paper diapers and is cheaper than other popular on-the-go systems. When you take into account that many cloth diapered babies end up potty training about one year earlier, the savings is substantial over the diaper lifetime of a child. Plus, the best part about Baby Care is that we make it even more convenient – you get the convenience of having clean diapers delivered to your doorstep and don’t have to worry about that late-night diaper run.”
Baby Care Diaper continues to show steady growth and has recently expanded their delivery service area into Illinois and more of St. Louis and St. Charles counties. In early 2011 Baby Care developed warehouse facilities in Maryland Heights and now washes and dries all of their own diapers, allowing them to conserve energy and the use of materials. This also allows Baby Care Diaper to offer special services like “Deep Cleaning” service for those that wash their own diapers to give them a nice deep clean. The home delivery service is hoping to add jobs this year and is available in Missouri as far west as O’Fallon, as far north as Florissant, as far south as Oakville, and now as far east as many areas in Illinois.
About Baby Care Diaper Service
Baby Care Diaper Service is the St. Louis and Illinois cloth diaper service, delivering clean cloth diapers right to your door. Baby Care strives to educate parents about the environmental, health, and cost advantages of cloth diapering. Baby Care Diaper has been around over 20 years, and they continue to offer affordable service to St. Louis and parts of Illinois and education to parents with community partners. To learn more about Baby Care Diaper Service, please visit www.babycarediaper.com or call 314-732-7009.
It goes without saying that we are proud of our business but at Baby Care Diaper, we also love and believe in what we are doing. We are driven to share the environmental and economical benefits of cloth diapering with our clients and our community. To help you get with the program, we offer the top 10 reasons for you to love Baby Care Diaper, too!
- Energy conservation – We participate in the Ameren Energy Pure Power program allowing us to offset 150% of our electrical usage. As part of this program, we do not time our dryers so that they only dry the diapers for the time needed. Additionally, we use a high efficiency hot water heater to assist with water conservation and our machines use RinseSav technology from Milnor. We also sort our diapers based on soil level so that your diapers get just the right attention and cleaning they need.
- Affordability – We make cloth diapering affordable for families. Not only do we offer prepay options, we recently lowered prices on packages with over 100 diapers per week making it even more affordable to cloth diaper multiple kids at one time. We also just launched our unique Wraps for Life program which allows families to rent the wraps they need by age and stage, eliminating the need to overinvest in wraps.
- Ease of use – We keep it simple for you. Simply toss your soiled diapers in the Baby Care provided pail and we collect them on a weekly basis. No need for the late-night diaper run or storing diapers in your basement or garage.
- Industry compliance – We maintain strict testing standards and are part of the Real Diaper Industry Association’s (RDIA) diaper service accreditation program. Diapers are tested daily for pH and absorbency and are sent to an independent lab for testing on a monthly basis. We also abide by the RDIA guidelines for segregation of clean and dirty diapers and our clean processing area and the dirty sorting area in our warehouse are divided. Even our delivery van is divided to ensure that clean diapers never are in the same area or come into contact with dirty diapers.
- Environmentally driven – We have kept over one million diapers from landfills in the past five and a half years. We only use cleansers that are phosphate, dye, and perfume free – which is better for the world and your family.
- Efficient routing – Our routes are based on location and each one is evaluated within that area to create the most efficient route.
- Community & Education – We offer free in-home consultations and work with other like-minded, green businesses to hold classes to help educate the public. We also believe in giving back to the community and provide diapering donations to various fundraisers and provide sponsorships for groups such as BOLD Films, Friends of Missouri Midwives, La Leche League, and the Humane Society of America.
- Great customer service – We pride ourselves on providing top notch customer service. We are committed to answering all emails within 24 hours, and most times, within the same business day. When you call you will always be speaking with Kathy, the owner. We also roll with the punches and strive to keep customers happy by making your last minute needs happen.
- Cloth diapering advocates – In addition to community workshops, we now offer a deep cleaning service for those that wash their own diapers. For a nominal fee, we will pick up your diapers and give them a deep professional clean, returning them right away. This service helps eliminate those funky odor problems or absorbent issues many home users experience.
- Vast network – Our Facebook community offers our clients a wide network of cloth diaper users. We also use Twitter and Facebook to answer a lot of questions from non-customers and assisting with cloth diapering issues from across the board.
Our experience here at Baby Care Diaper has shown us that the number of wraps you have on hand greatly increases your cloth diapering success. So in our effort to help more families become successful long term cloth diaper users, we are offering an incredible program called Wraps for Life.
Wraps for Life is a rental program, where you will receive 7 new or used wraps in all sizes necessary for the cloth diapering life of your child. When your child outgrows the original 7 wraps, you simply turn them in and 7 more of the next size will show up on your doorstep. These wraps will be on loan to you and it will be your responsibility to wash them. If one wears out, just let us know and we will replace it right away.
In order for us to keep this program cost effective and easy to manage, the wraps will be designated a certain color based on size. Sorry, we cannot offer substitutions of the colors. For those that are looking to add some flavor to your diaper wraps, we would recommend that you join the Wraps for Life program for the 7 wraps to use day to day and buy an additional one or two in the prints you like. That would still put you at a very low cost for the number of wraps you would have on hand. Considering that the wraps are $12.75 each, you are looking at over $265 worth of wraps in the cloth diapering lifetime of your child. We have seen others offer this type of program for $3.50-$5.00 a week. Our program is a one time fee. Rent additional wraps for a one time cost of $10 per wrap.
The colors and wraps that we’ll use for this program will be:
- Bummis Super Bright Newborn White (4-9 lbs)
- Thirsties Duo Size 1 Honeydew (6-18lbs)
- Thirsties Duo Size 2 Meadow (18-40 lbs)
15% off detergents too – As long as you are a member of our Wraps for Life program, you will also receive 15% off Charlie’s and Rockin’ Green detergents from our online store. All of our detergents are residue free meaning your wraps will stay waterproof longer if you use an approved detergent. Just use the code Wraps4Life15
Replacement costs – If a wrap is lost, there will be a $10 replacement fee per wrap.
The Wraps for Life program is only available for current diaper service customers.
Baby Care Diaper Service reserves the right to end this program early on an individual basis if needed.
All this for just a one time fee of $79 .